We're alway looking for undergrad and graduate students to support the work of our busy arts center, and internships are an excellent opportunity to add valuable experience to a résumé.
Education Interns - assist with creating, planning, and running youth camps, classes and workshops; we seek students majoring in Early Childhood Education and Arts Education for these internships.
Gallery Interns - assist with curating and installing exhibits and planning and running opening receptions; we seek students majoring in Fine Arts who are interested in the business of art.
Communications Interns - assist with marketing exhibits and receptions, education programs, and events; we seek students majoring in Graphic Design, Journalism, and Public Relations for these internships.
Candidates should be mature and responsible, enthusiastic, and have excellent interpersonal skills; many positions require an attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks; oral communications skills are also important because interns interact with callers, gallery visitors, and artists.
2014 Internship Sessions: March to May; June to August; September to December
2014 Gallery Hours: Tuesdays-Fridays 10:00-5:00; Saturdays 10:00-3:00
2014 Camp Hours: Monday-Fridays 9:45 am - 5:15 pm
Submission Process: Please submit a résumé and cover letter
Mail: Program Director, Warwick Museum of Art, 3259 Post Rd., Warwick, RI 02886
More Info: www.bridge.com
If you love the arts and have a few extra hours a month, consider getting involved with WMOA. We're always looking for enthusiastic and responsible arts lovers to help with:
- Camp Aids - class set-up and cleanup, assisting individual campers *
- Office Tasks - greeting guests, answering phones, updating databases
- Cleaning & Maintenance - main gallery, art classroom, and grounds
- Marketing - updating online FB gallery and distributing posters
- Outreach - gallery tours for school groups with small craft project
- Special Events - set-up, greeting guests, busing tables, clean up